“Every saint had a past and every sinner has a future” – Oscar Wilde
Abduraouph is an Associate and an Admitted Attorney in the Trademarks Department at De Beer Attorneys. He is involved with all aspects related to the filing, prosecution and enforcement of trademarks for local and foreign clients.
Abduraouph worked at a large African intellectual property law firm in Cape Town before joining De Beer Attorneys. Here he gained extensive experience on the prosecution and enforcement of trademarks for some of South Africa’s industry leaders including Woolworths and Pick & Pay as well as prominent international brands such as BMW, Shimansky and the like.
Abduraouph has also in the past assisted clients with unfair competition and advertising law matters and has heard matters before the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) in South Africa.
- LL B – University of of the Western Cape (Cum Laude)
- Trademark Practitioners Examinations (Group 1) – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Registered South African Patent Attorney
- Law Society of the Western Cape
- Student Member, South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law
- Top Achiever (Dean’s Merit List) at University of the Western Cape