“If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
About Natalie Macdonald Govender
Natalie is an admitted attorney, conveyancer and notary public. Before commencing as an associate at De Beer Attorneys, Natalie served her articles of clerkship as a candidate attorney at a well-established firm in Cape Town, and was thereafter retained as an associate attorney in the Corporate and Commercial department.
She has a Masters degree in Tax Law from the University of Cape Town and has experience in property law, developments, commercial matters, tax (including capital gains tax, estate duty, VAT, domestic tax), neighbour law and municipal law. She enjoys drafting agreements pertaining to residential and commercial developments, preparing and advising on residential property sale agreements, leases (both commercial and residential), as well as providing advice pertaining to the Consumer Protection Act.
Natalie provides the following services:
- Conveyancing services- the preparation of sale agreements (both residential and commercial), sale of business agreements, opening of sectional title registers, subdivisions and consolidations, estate transfers, divorce transfers, private bond registrations as well as bond cancellations), as well as advice pertaining thereto;
- Notarial Services- the preparation of notarial contracts, including but not limited to: antenuptial and postnuptial contracts, notarial bonds, notarial leases, authentication of documents for use abroad, estate planning, drafting of trust deeds and trust administration;
- Preparation of lease agreements (both residential and commercial);
- Administration of estates;
- Tax services (non-residents, tax directives, capital gains tax and estate duty queries); and
- Municipal and neighbour law.
Natalie prides herself on keeping clients informed at every step of the conveyancing process and strives to make the conveyancing transfer process as comfortable as possible for all parties. She enjoys working with others and meeting new people. In her spare time, she is passionate about hiking, nature walks, netball, and reading history-based novels.
- LLB (Univ. of South Africa)
- LLM Tax Law (Univ. of Cape Town)
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Admitted Conveyancer
- Admitted Notary Public
- Special Right of Appearance in the High Court of South Africa
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- External board member of the Cape Town Candidate Attorneys Association
- Member of the Women’s Property Network (WPN)
- Co-founder of Cape Town Professionals Networking group
- Member of the Business Women’s Association (BWA)