“Public officers are the servants and agents of the people, to execute the laws which the people have made” – Grover Cleveland
In this area we test the decisions or administrative actions of public entities, state owned enterprises, government departments, agencies and public principals or their servants, to determine their fairness, reasonability and transparency in accordance with the confines of the law and Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
We can assist with the following:
- Performing litigation involving the interpretation of legislation and the exercise of public power.
- Advising on the interpretation and application of the Public Finance Management Act, National Treasury Regulations and Treasury Guidelines and directives.
- Advising on the interpretation of legislation and compliance with the laws and regulations, of public entities as well as regulated entities
- Instituting internal appeals or review of administrative actions
- Bringing applications to courts to declare decisions of offending organs as unlawful
- Ensuring access to information held by a public body.