“The Nation that leads in renewable energy will be the nation that leads the world.” – David Cameron
With the introduction of the Renewable Independent Power Producers Procurement Programme, the private sector has now been given the opportunity to contribute to the supply of energy production. We are able to offer our clients leading strategic advice in the energy sector and assist with the negotiating of complex transactions with various stakeholders, ensuring that legislative requirements are met. We have extensive and unique knowledge of the energy sector, especially having regard to the development of emerging markets and renewable sources of energy. De Beer Attorneys is able to provide practical advice and services on all aspects of projects in the energy sector.
We are able to assist you with:
- The Renewable Independent Power Producers Procurement Programme, in particular the bidding program selection and qualifying criteria;
- All aspects of the purchase of power, including procurement rules, obligations and guarantees
- The negotiation and drafting of Power Purchase Agreements
- The distribution and transmission rights and obligations of renewable energy sources
- Regulatory framework for renewable energy