Technology Related Law And Data Protection
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic” – Arthur C. Clarke
The landscape surrounding technology and data is in a constant state of development. In order to promote and support innovative commercial solutions, it is important that the legal landscape compliments that state of technology.
In this regard, we are well-informed and able to assist with, amongst other related services, technology related commercial matters and Information and Communications Technology Law, as well as with our clients compliance with related laws, such as the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, the Promotion of Access to Information Act, the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act and the Protection of Personal Information Bill.
We are skilled and well-informed to assist with:-
the drafting, reviewing, negotiation and execution of relevant agreements, for example:-
- Informative and transactional website terms and conditions;
- Service Level Agreements;
- Software Development Agreements;
- Software Licence Agreements;
- Software as a Service Agreements;
- Reseller, Distribution or End User Licence Agreements;
- Escrow Agreements;
- Licence Agreements;
- Open Source Licence Agreements; and
- Relevant agreements and clauses relating to the accessing, processing and storage of personal information and data,
assisting with the development and drafting of relevant internal policies and procedures, for example:-
- Security and privacy policies for organisations and websites;
- Electronic communication and social media use policies for organisations; and
- Relevant polices relating to security and protection of personal information and data, and
the drafting of legal opinions and general legal and commercial assistance relevant to the above mentioned topics.
In addition to the above, our multi-faceted team, with a diverse interest in unique, impactful and disruptive technologies, will be glad to assist with any legal assistance relating to the technological sphere. We are able to advise on the legal compliance and development relating to, amongst several other topics, Distributed Ledger Technologies (such as Blockchain), smart contracts, artificial intelligence and drone technologies. You are welcome to contact us should you require more information on the above, or any other technology related topics, which our diversely skilled team will be happy to assist with.